- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb cubed ham or thin sliced ham or cooked crumbled bacon or sausage
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
DirectionsMelt margarine and place in the bottom of 9" by 13" baking pan.
Spread potatoes (still frozen is okay) in bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle chopped vegetables over potatoes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle meat over potatoes and vegetables.
Note: At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
Pour beaten eggs over potatoes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (Mine took about an hour before it was set up well enough)
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
Bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and let set for approximately 5 minutes.
Cut into 2.5"-3" squares and serve with a spatula.