- 14 oz. package light candy caramels
- 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (6 oz. package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350.
Melt caramels in evaporated milk in heavy saucepan over very low heat. Cool slightly. OR mix caramel ice cream topping and flour together in a small bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except chocolate and pecans. Press half of this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. (I would suggest using about 3/4 of the mixture in the bottom of the pan)
Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and pecans. Spread carefully with caramel mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Chill 1-2 hours. Cut into squares to make bars.