- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- ¾ cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded (light and dark meat)
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - 15.5-ounce can white hominy, drained
DirectionsHeat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
Finely chop a single chile pepper. If you really love spicy foods, you can add a second chopped chile pepper to the Posole.
Add chile pepper(s) and onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and chili powder, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Pour stew to prepared bowls and garnish with shredded cabbage, thinly sliced radishes, sour cream and cilantro.