- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped
- Tart filling
- 1 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin, (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 ounces melted chocolate for spider web decoration, if desired
DirectionsMix together flour, cocoa, salt, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl.
Add butter, and continue to mix with an electric mixer, until butter is the size of small peas.
Add egg, and mix until ingredients form a dough. Wrap dough in a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Flour the work surface, roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer dough to 10 inch removable bottom tart pan. Press dough to the bottom and sides of the pan, cut off excess dough. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes (or up to 1 day). Bake shell until firm, for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and immediately place chopped chocolate on the bottom of the shell. When chocolate melts, spread it evenly with the spatula.
In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, brown sugar, sour cream, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and ground cloves, until smooth.
Pass the pumpkin mixture through a fine sieve to a clean bowl, and discard any solids.
Pour filling to the chocolate crust, and bake on 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Remove tart from the oven, and cool it on a wire rack for about an hour. Decoration cannot being until the tart is completely cooled.
Decorate tart with melted chocolate, by piping it on the top of the cooled tart.