- Servings: 4
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups cooked and shredded turkey pieces
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt for cooking pasta and pepper to taste
DirectionsCook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 ½ cups cooking water, then drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine olive oil with shallots, garlic, and the red-pepper flakes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add lemon zest and wine, and cook until wine has evaporated, about 1 minute.
Add kale and ¼ cup reserved cooking water, and cook until kale wilts, about 4 minutes.
Add turkey, and cook until heated through. Combine goat cheese and remaining 1¼ cups reserved cooking liquid, stirring until sauce is creamy.
Add pasta to skillet, and cook, stirring, until pasta is coated and most of the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta.
Stir in the lemon juice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Season with pepper to taste.