- 4 Sprigs tarragon, plus 2 tablespoons minced leaves
- 2 large shallots, 1 halved, 1 minced
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 smashed, 1 minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breast
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shelled fresh (or frozen) English peas
- ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas
- ½ pound thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 slices toasted whole grain bread
- Lettuce leaves
DirectionsTo poach chicken breast:
In a medium saucepan place tarragon, halved shallot, smashed garlic, and chicken. Add water to cover by 1 inch, and season with salt and black pepper. Bring water to boil, remove from the heat, cover, and let stand, until chicken is just cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast. Transfer chicken to a plate, and dice or shred.
In a small bowl mix together Greek yogurt, olive oil, minced shallot, and minced garlic. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Combine all peas in a medium bowl; add chicken, dressing, parsley, chives, tarragon, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper, add more lemon juice, if needed. Serve over toasted bread with lettuce leaves.