- Servings: 4
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak
- 1 bag baby lettuce blend
- 1/3 cup light creamy peppercorn salad dressing
- 1 ½ pound small red potatoes
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of herb garlic butter
- 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of steak seasoning
- 2 slices of bacon cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 8 water rolls or other dinner rolls
DirectionsBring medium pot of water to boil, and cook potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. While potatoes are cooking, sprinkle steak with steak seasoning, and broil 7 minutes per side at high temperature, or until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 145 degrees F (for medium-rare).
Remove steak from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice steak thinly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each roll on half. Place ½ teaspoon of butter in each roll. Divide mozzarella cheese, and place them in the oven. Heat rolls until warm, and butter and cheese are melted, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
When potatoes are ready, let them cool. Slice potatoes, and place them in large mixing bowl.
Cook bacon until golden brown and crispy; add onion and cook until tender, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove some of the bacon fat for other use or discard.
Stir bacon and onion, potatoes and peppercorn salad dressing together.
To assemble the plate, arrange some of the lettuce on the middle of a plate.
Top with potato salad, and steak slices. Serve with rolls.