- 3 slices of thick-cut bacon, or pancetta, cut into ¼" pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 8 to 10 ounces of mushrooms (cremini, or baby bella)
- ¾ pound fusilli, or other short pasta
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
DirectionsBring a large pot of salted water to boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat the large skillet, cook the bacon and olive oil until crispy and golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add onion and cook another 8 minutes. Stir frequently.
Push onion and bacon mixture to the edges of the pan, add mushrooms in the middle of the skillet. Raise heat to medium-high, and cook for 5 minutes.
Mix mushrooms with onion, and bacon mixture, and cook for another 3 minutes.
In a large serving bowl toss together the cooked pasta, onion, mushroom mixture, and chopped parsley; add some cooking liquid from the pasta to moisten the pasta and vegetables.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on the top. Add salt and pepper to taste.