- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2-14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 3-15 oz cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
DirectionsHeat the oil in dutch oven or large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook the onion until tender. Mix in garlic, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and beans. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the chili from the heat and stir in cheese. Serve warm.