- 6 slices of bakery Italian bread (I used Wegman’s whole grain Pane bread)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber (unwaxed), seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, coarsly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
DirectionsGrilled bread, bell peppers and red onion over medium-high heat until bread is brown and toasted on both sides and peppers and onions are slighly charred. Remove items from grill and cut into 1 inch pieces. Put in large bowl.
Meanwhile, chop tomatoes, cucumber, basil and parsley. Add to bowl with bread, peppers and onions.
In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Add garlic.
Pour vinaigrette over salad. Season liberally with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or allow to sit (at room temperature) for flavors to blend.