- 2 bunches (or about 2 pounds) pencil-thin asparagus, tough ends trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or 1 anchovy filet)
- 6 tablespoons evoo
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (we used a little less Parm-Reg than called for, maybe 1/3 cup)
DirectionsCombine mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovy paste in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.