- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced1/2 lb boneless lamb, chopped into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces
- generous 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or a combination), cored, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1½ lb ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh Chinese noodles
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- black rice vinegar for serving
DirectionsHeat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl it around a bit. Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic, lamb and cumin. Stir-fry until the meat changes color and the onion has softened and turned translucent (about 4-5 min). Add the peppers and stir-fry for another couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes, s&p and mix well. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the peppers are soft (but not mushy) and the whole thing looks quite saucy and is simmering, about 5-6 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, salt the pot of boiling water and carefully add in the noodles. Cook the noodles until al dente according to the package instructions.
Drain the noodles and divide them between four bowls. Ladle in plenty of sauce over the noodles. Garnish with some chopped parsley. Serve with black rice vinegar.