- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana from about 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
DirectionsIn a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in banana and egg. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined, followed by oats. Use a rubber spatula to fold in peanut butter and chocolate chips. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and preheat to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are golden at the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.