- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- generous pinch allspice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers, plus additional for garnish
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a medium mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. While beating, add eggs 1 egg at a time. Then add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and ricotta cheese. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 3 batches. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and let it settle. Tap the pans on the counter a few times to even out the batter and to let air bubbles rise to the surface. Top each loaf with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. Place loaf pans on a baking sheet and cover with tented tin foil to prevent marshmallows from over-browning and drying out.
Bake cake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60-65 minutes, removing the tin foil after 50 minutes.
Cool pumpkin bread on a rack and cool completely before serving.