- 3 1/2 oz (100g) smoked or spiced firm tofu
- 3 celery sticks (about 4 oz/125g)
- 1 oz (30g) fried or roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili oil with 1/2 tbsp of sediment, to taste
- good pinch of sugar
- salt, to taste
- light soy sauce, to taste
DirectionsCut the tofu into 3/8 inch (1 cm) cubes. De-string the celery sticks, cut them lengthways into 3/8 inch (1 cm) strips, then into small pieces to match the tofu. Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan, add the celery and blanch for 30-60 seconds; it should remain a little crunchy. Remove to a colander and cool immediately under the tap, then shake dry.
Combine tofu, celery, peanuts, chili oil and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt, light soy sauce, additional chili oil and additional sugar. Serve.