- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- For arepas:
- 3 sweet corn arepas with mozzarella, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup hogao
- 2 Colombian chorizos, cooked and sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves
DirectionsHeat the oil in a saucepan, add the tomatoes, scallions, garlic, ground cumin and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring until softened. Reduce the heat to low, add the s&p, cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. Check and season to taste with additional s&p (if necessary).
Place the arepas on a platter and top them with the hogao.
Add the chorizo slices on top of the hogao. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.