- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
DirectionsBlanch green beans in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Drain and shock green beans in an ice bath.
Heat evoo in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and almonds. Saute, stirring regularly, until fragrant about 1-2 minutes. Add cumin and paprika. Stir to mix well. Drain green beans and add them to the saute pan with 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Toss green beans to coat evenly in oil. Saute until heated through. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, cilantro and parsley. Toss and season to taste with additional s&p, as necessary.