- 2 lbs. fresh ground beef
- 1 qt. tomato juice
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 oz.) can red beans, drained
- 1 medium onion (1 1/2 c.), chopped
- 1/2 C. celery, diced
- 1/4 C. green pepper, diced
- 1/4 C. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, oregano, sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
Report this Recipe
Fill out the following form, with as much detail as possible, describing the issues with this recipe.