- Servings: 6-8
- 3-6 pieces boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. favorite BBQ sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce).
- For the pizza
- 1 basic pizza dough
- Cornmeal, semolina or flour for handling
- 1/2 C. favorite BBQ sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce).
- 2 Tbsp. shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C. small red-onion, sliced into 1/8 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsIn a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over medium high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through. Once chilled, coat the chicken with two tablespoons BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
To make the pizza
Place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 deg for once hour before cooking pizzas.
Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the prepared dough within the rim. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked Gouda cheese over the sauce. Cover with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly (about 8 to 10 minutes). When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over the hot surface. Slice and serve.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients for a second pizza. (The two pizzas may be prepared simultaneously if you are careful in placing the pizzas at opposite corners of your pizza stone.)