- Cook Time: 2 - 2 1/4 hours
- Servings: 5-8 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (0.9 to 1.43 oz) dry onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup medium pearled barley
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
DirectionsCombine beef, soup mix, thyme, 5 cups water, 1/2 cup tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in barley; simmer, covered, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until barley is tender and beef is fork-tender. Stir in spinach; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.