- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 3-4
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 6 ounces diced dried mixed fruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, mix rice, fruit onion, sugar and salt. Pour in water. Arrange chicken parts over the rice mixture. In a small bowl, mix butter, curry powder and paprika. Brush butter over chicken pieces. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
3, Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.