- Servings: 12
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups powdered sugar
4 drops yellow food coloring
2 drops red food coloring
1 bag milk chocolate chips (12 ounces)
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing by hand after each addition. Mix well until creamy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the mixture, and place it in a small bowl. Add the food colorings, and stir well.
- Cover both mixtures, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- When mixtures are firm, roll a small, marble-sized ball from the orange filling, and wrap a portion of the white filling (approx. twice the size) around it. Form this filling into the shape of an egg, and place it on a cookie sheet that has been brushed with a light coating of vegetable shortening. Repeat process with the remaining filling ingredients, then refrigerate these "eggs" for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Combine the milk chocolate chips with the shortening in a glass or ceramic bowl. Microwave chocolate on HIGH for 1 minute, then stir, and microwave again for 1 minute more; stir.
- Use a fork to dip each center into the chocolate; tap the fork lightly on the side of the bowl, then place each candy onto waxed paper. Chill.
- after 1-2 hours of chilling, dip each candy once more, and chill for several hours, or until completely firm.