- Servings: 6-7
- 1 cup medium pasta shells
- 2 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary or 3 Tsp. fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (16 oz.) Garbanzo Beans, drained and divided
- 2 Tsp. grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
DirectionsCook pasta according to directions.
At the same time, in a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes. Add 2 cups water, tomatoes, carrot, and Garbanzo beans, reserving 1 cup whole beans. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Puree vegetable mixture in blender or food processor and return to saucepan. Add pasta and remaining whole beans and heat through, adding water if soup is too thick.
Ladle into bowls; top with cheese and fresh rosemary, if desired.