- Prep Time: 35
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 3 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup maple sugar or sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Fresh currants and/or small berries (optional)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crumbs, the 1/3 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
2. For filling, beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, pumpkin, whipping cream, vanilla, and allspice beating on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat on low speed until just combined.
3. Spoon filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake in the 325 degrees F oven about 1 hour or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
4. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan with a thin-bladed knife or narrow spatula and cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. (To store cheesecake, cover thoroughly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days. Or carefully transfer cheesecake to a plate or platter and place cheese cake in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw frozen cheesecake in the refrigerator for 24 hours.)
5. Just before serving, spoon caramel ice cream topping over top of cheesecake. Garnish with currants and/or fresh berries, if desired.