- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 cups sliced fresh shiitake and/or button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups coarsely shredded carrots (6 medium)
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups water
Directions1. In a large skillet melt the margarine or butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Add green onions during the last 1 minute of cooking. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and pepper.
2. In a large bowl combine herb-seasoned stuffing mix, carrots, and mushroom mixture. Drizzle with enough of the 1 to 1-1/4 cups water to moisten.
3. Use to stuff one 11- to 12-pound turkey. Or, place in a 3-quart casserole. Bake, covered, in a 325 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until heated through or in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until heated through. (Internal temperature should register 165 degree F with an instant-read thermometer.) Makes 10 to 12 servings