- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-10
- 2 cups chopped, peeled, raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
Directions1. In a large skillet cook sweet potatoes, onion, and celery in hot margarine or butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until just tender. Spoon mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in cilantro and ginger. Add cornbread and walnuts; toss gently to coat. Add enough chicken broth to moisten.
2. Use to stuff one 8- to 10-pound bird or place stuffing in a 1-1/2 to 2 quart casserole. Bake casserole, covered, in a 375 degree F. oven about 45 minutes or until heated through. Makes about 6 cups stuffing (10 servings).
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare stuffing; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Do not use to stuff bird. Bake in casserole as directed.