- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 1-1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed, or three 9-oz. pkg. frozen whole green beans
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large shallots, cut into thin wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
Directions1. In a 12-inch skillet cook beans in lightly salted boiling water for 2 to 5 minutes or until barely crisp-tender. Drain; rinse beans with cold water. Set aside.
2. In same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown. Add green beans. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges. Makes 8 servings.
Make-Ahead Tip: Two hours ahead, cook beans as directed in Step 1; cover and refrigerate beans. Thirty minutes ahead, finish recipe as directed in Step 2.