- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, coarsely shredded
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
Directions1. In a small saucepan melt the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter. Add the shredded sweet pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
2. In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the 6 tablespoons softened margarine or butter and the pine nuts. Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Add cooked sweet pepper, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, Cover; blend or process until almost smooth. Set aside.
3. In a covered saucepan cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes. Add the sweet pepper strips the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain the beans and sweet pepper strips.
4. To serve, transfer beans and sweet pepper strips to a serving bowl. Add the blended margarine mixture; toss to coat.