- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons diced candied orange or lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Orange peel strips (optional)
Directions1. For crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until pieces are the size of small peas. Using a fork, stir in egg yolk until all of the dough is moistened.
2. Remove the sides from an ungreased 8-inch springform pan. Press one-third of the dough onto the bottom of pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
3. Grease the sides of the springform pan with the additional butter. Attach the pan sides to the bottom. Press remaining dough 1-1/2 inches up the sides of the pan. Set the pan aside.
4. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and 2 tablespoons flour with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Add whole eggs all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in raisins, candied peel, and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
5. Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place in a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
6. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of the springform pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. If desired, garnish with orange peel.