- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- 3 lb. meaty chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or salt
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and sliced
- 1 small orange, cut in wedges
- 1 cup French lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 to 2 heads baby bok choy, separated into individual leaves
Directions1. Skin chicken, if desired. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon curry powder and salt. Brown chicken pieces, half at a time if necessary, in 4-quart Dutch oven in hot oil over medium-high heat. Remove from pan. Add ginger, leeks, orange wedges, and remaining curry powder. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until leeks are tender.
2. Stir in lentils, broth, and wine. Return chicken pieces to pan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 55 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F).
3. Remove chicken; stir bok choy into lentil mixture. Use slotted spoon to serve.