- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-16 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, slightly crushed
- 1 9-ounce package vegetable ravioli or herb chicken tortellini
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves or shredded fresh spinach
Directions1. Lightly coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken in hot saucepan for 3 minutes.
2. Carefully add broth, leek or onion, ginger, and saffron. Bring to boiling. Add ravioli or tortellini. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 to 9 minutes or until ravioli or tortellini is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Ladle into bowls. Top each bowl with several spinach leaves or shredded fresh spinach.