- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 9
- 9 dried whole wheat or regular lasagna noodles
- 2 10-oz. containers refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast*
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
Directions1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and red peppers.
2. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes 9 servings.
3. *Note: For chopped cooked chicken, season 2 pounds raw skinless boneless chicken breast halves with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Cook, uncovered, 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning halfway through cooking. Cool chicken slightly before chopping.