- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 3/4 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about fourteen, 1 3/4-inch cookies)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a small mixing bowl, combine crushed cookies, brown sugar, and melted butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly among sixteen 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of each cup. Bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the marmalade, the egg yolk, and flour. Divide cheese mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Bake about 15 minutes more or until a knife inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool cheesecakes in tins on a wire rack (centers will dip slightly). Remove from muffin tins. Top each cheesecake with about 1/2 teaspoon marmalade. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
3. Makes 16 servings
4. To make ahead: Bake cheesecakes as directed, but do not top with additional marmalade. Place cheesecakes in a freezer container. Cover, label, and freeze up to 3 months. Before serving, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Top with marmalade before serving