- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 18 muffins
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (6 ounces)
Directions1. Grease eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line the muffin cups with paper bake cups and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, mace, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, and melted butter or margarine. Add the pumpkin mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in the chocolate pieces.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into centers of the muffins comes out clean. Don't overbake. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.