- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen or 12 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup snipped dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions1. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pans with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In another bowl combine egg white, milk, oil, and orange peel. Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in cherries and nuts.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.