- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen or 12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Directions1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl beat egg slightly; stir in milk and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (the batter may be lumpy). Lightly grease muffin cups. Fill cups about two-thirds full with batter. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Immediately dip tops of hot muffins into the 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Make-Ahead Tip: Bake muffins as directed. Cool completely. Place muffins in freezer containers or bags and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, wrap frozen muffins in heavy foil. Heat in a 300 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes.