- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 8-10 standard pancakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 12-ounce package frozen pitted light or dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry jam or cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups packaged regular or buttermilk pancake mix (not complete pancake mix)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup purchased apple butter
Directions1. For flavored butter, in a small mixing bowl, use a small whisk to combine butter, honey, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
2. For cherry sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine frozen cherries, cherry jam, and orange peel. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Cover and set aside; keep warm.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together pancake mix, milk, oil, eggs, and apple butter. Stir just until moistened (batter should still be lumpy). For mini-size hot cakes, spread about 1 tablespoon batter into a 1-1/2-inch circle onto a hot lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. (For standard-size hot cakes, spread about 1/4 cup batter into a 4-inch circle.) Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until hot cakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when hot cakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm with flavored butter and cherry sauce.
4. Makes 32 to 40 mini-size or 8 to 10 standard-size hot cakes