- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- 1 recipe Holiday Dijon Vinaigrette or 3/4 cup favorite purchased vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 16 cups torn curly endive (chicory), romaine lettuce, or spinach
- 3 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions1. Prepare Holiday Dijon Vinaigrette. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add pecan halves. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle sugar and salt over pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Transfer pecans to a medium bowl; cool.
2. In a 6- to 8-quart salad bowl combine curly endive, pears, blue cheese, and half the pecans. Pour Holiday Vinaigrette over salad. Toss gently to coat. Divide among salad plates. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Makes 8 to 10 servings.