- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 4-inch-long piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced lengthwise, or 1/2 tsp. dried lavender
- 1 750-ml bottle vodka (about 3 cups)
Directions1. Place ginger slices in a clean 1-quart jar. Using a wooden spoon, lightly crush ginger slices against the side of the jar. Add vodka.
2. Cover jar tightly with a nonmetallic lid (or cover jar with plastic wrap and tightly seal with a metal lid). Let stand in the freezer for 4 days.
3. Pour vodka through a fine mesh sieve to remove all solids. Return infused vodka to jar. Or to give as a gift, pour infused vodka into a decorative jar. Label and seal. Place jar in the freezer up to 3 months to store. Makes about 3 cups (24 1-ounce servings)
4. Gingered Pineapple Martini: Combine 1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) Ginger Vodka, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Shake with ice, strain, and serve in a martini glass.