- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- 8 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 inches stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Peel from 1 lemon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
Directions1. Combine cider and brown sugar in a large saucepan. For a spice bag, tie cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and lemon peel in a 6-inch square of 100 percent cotton cheesecloth. Add spice bag to cider mixture. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and discard spice bag.
2. Top each serving with 1/2 teaspoon butter and serve with a cinnamon stick stirrer, if desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: After discarding spice bag, chill cider and reheat to serve. Or, keep prepared cider warm in a crockery cooker on low-heat setting.