- Prep Time: 45 m
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Servings: 4
- 5 chicken thighs, bone in or out
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g pumpkin, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2L chicken bone broth, vegetable stock or water
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 handfuls of chopped baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken, carrot, celery, sweet potato, zucchini, onion, pumpkin, spices and the broth, stock or water in a stockpot or slow cooker, bring to a simmer and cook on low for three hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the soup, discard the bones and shred the meat, then set aside.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until slightly smooth (some chunks of veg are fine), then pop the chicken back in.
- Mix through the parsley and spinach and season with salt and pepper.
Report this Recipe
Fill out the following form, with as much detail as possible, describing the issues with this recipe.