- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Servings: 4
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dessert spoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli powder, to taste
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 250ml boiling water or gluten and yeast free stock.
- ½ fresh lemon, cut into quarters
- 100g kalamata olives, rinsed, pitted and loosely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, loosely chopped
- In a plastic bag add the pepper, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder; place the chicken inside and gently roll until all the pieces are well coated.
- Place the coated chicken pieces into a casserole dish and add the onion, crushed garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 170oC.
- Add the water/stock, chopped lemon and olives to the casserole.
- Place in the oven and cook for 60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle over the fresh coriander and serve.
- Any left over juices can be whizzed up as a nourishing soup for the next day
Report this Recipe
Fill out the following form, with as much detail as possible, describing the issues with this recipe.