- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups red pasta sauce, such as portobello mushroom or garden vegetable
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 of a 15-oz.container ricotta cheese
- 6 oz. goat cheese or shredded mozarella cheese ( 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. Chianti or other red wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted red sweet peppers, drained well and cut into strips
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sauce in the dish. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. In a small bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the goat cheese, and, if desired, the Chianti. Spoon half the mixture over the noodles in the dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Top with half the red pepper strips. Spoon half the remaining sauce on the pepper layer.
2. Top with 2 more noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, and remaining peppers. Add 2 more noodles and the remaining sauce. Dot top with remaining goat cheese and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
3. Cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand, covered, on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving.