- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 1 package (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 package (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
DirectionsHeat oven to 350-degrees F. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil with mixer on low until moistened, scraping the bottom of bowl often. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer on medium until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife.
Place 1 cake half, top side down, on plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Frost top and sides.
Press nuts onto sides. Refrigerate leftovers.