- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 43 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 package (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 jar (14 1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8 oz. package) Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
DirectionsHeat oven to 375-degree F. Cook pasta, adding spinach to boiling water for last 1 minute.
Cook and stir chicken and basin in a large, nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.
Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish.
Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 minutes.