- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 10 hours (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 8 servings
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sliced green onions ((optional)
Directions1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher. Stir in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, and the 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions. If desired, top individual servings with additional sliced green onions.