- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 10 hours (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 6 servings
- 1 28-ounce can whole Italian-style tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti or other favorite pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herb sprigs (optional)
Directions1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, sweet pepper, tomato paste, the water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Discard bay leaf. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle mixture with Parmesan cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs.