- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours (low) or 3 to 4 hours (high)
- Servings: 2 servings
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 12 ounces beef chuck roast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce can (about 3/4 cup) whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- Fresh jalapeno chile peppers, halved (optional)
Directions1. Place onion in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker. If necessary, cut beef to fit into cooker; add to cooker. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and garlic. Combine cranberry sauce and chipotle peppers. Pour over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours.
3. To serve, cook rice according to package directions, except omit salt and butter. Serve beef mixture with rice. If desired, garnish with jalapeno peppers.