- 1 Cup black beans soaked in 1/2 cup of water
- and 1/2 cup of Samuel Adams Boston Lager overnight
- 2 Tablespoons diced bacon
- 6-10 Jumbo shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Additional 4 oz. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Diced avocado
- 1/2 Chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
DirectionsFor the bean mixture, cook the bacon in a saucepot for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until the bacon fat starts releasing. Add the onions and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the black beans and cover with water. Cook until the beans are soft, refilling with water when necessary.
In a hot saute pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sear the shrimp on both sides until they are cooked through, about 3 minutes on both sides. Remove the oil from the pan. Add in the BBQ sauce to coat the shrimp.
Mix the avocado, cilantro, red onion, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Combine it with the shrimp and pour them over the black beans.