- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 strips cooked bacon, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 10-ounce can beef broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
DirectionsCoat beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear beef in a skillet over stove top (optional).
Place meat in slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-7 hours, or until meat is tender.